Using deep-pouring resin guarantees a smooth application, whether you need to perfect a handmade river table or cast creative epoxy pieces.
A thick pour adds a custom look to your epoxy projects and enhances the quality and longevity of your resin art by ensuring it retains its shine. So, if you’re looking for the best epoxy resin for thick pours, we got you covered.
After decades of testing and learning more about epoxy resin for deep pours, we’ve compiled a list of the best epoxy resins to help you pick a thick pour suitable for your unique project.
Before we give you the list, let’s learn what a deep pour epoxy resin is first off.
Our Top Picks
What is Deep Pour Epoxy Resin?
It is a slow cure epoxy resin that cures in twenty-four to thirty-six hours at 70 degrees F, resulting in a superclear liquid, glass-like finish that prevents scratching and yellowing.
It gives you a prolonged gel time to mitigate exotherm and enhance air release. And the good news is that you can simply add powders, resin dyes, and pigments for terrific results.
Best Epoxy Resin for Thick Pours
- Deep Pour Epoxy Resin Kit Crystal Clear Liquid Glass – Best Pour Epoxy Resin Kit
- Epoxy-Resin-Crystal-Clear-Art 1 Gallon Kit for Resin Art – Best For Resin Art
- TotalBoat ThickSet Deep Pour Epoxy Kit – Best Resin For Wooden Furniture
- 16oz Crystal Clear Epoxy Resin Kit Casting – Cheapest Deep Pour Epoxy
- Upstart Epoxy 2″ Deep Pour Epoxy Resin Kit DIY – Best Bubbles Epoxy Resin
- Pourable Plastic Deep Pour USA – Best Beginner Friendly Deep Pour Epoxy
- Epoxy Resin Art Resin Crystal Clear Formula – Best Clear Casting Resin
Best Epoxy Resin for Thick Pours Reviews
1. Best Pour Epoxy Resin Kit – Deep Pour Epoxy Resin Kit Crystal Clear Liquid Glass
- 👍 Our LIQUID GLASS Epoxy Resin Kit is Expertly FormulatedSelf Leveling Epoxy by Our Chemists! Perfect For Mica Powder, Deep Resin Molds, Alcohol Ink, River Tables, Pigment Powder and Resin Dye!
- 👍 HIGHEST EPOXY RESIN UV PROTECTION! Our SuperClear Liquid Glass 2” Thick Pour Has The Highest UV Yellowing Resistance Out Of All Competitor’s! HIGHEST PERFORMANCE LEVEL! SuperClear 2.0 Is Considered The Best Epoxy Resin For Wood, Table Diy, Countertops, Tabletops & ALL Epoxy Table Ideas!
- 👍 EXCELLENT FOR Colored Epoxy Resin Wood Filler Applications, Or As A Clear Epoxy Resin Wood Filler & Filling Large Voids In Wood With Epoxy POURING UP TO 2” PLUS!
- 👍 WORKS AMAZINGLY With Metallic Epoxy Pigment! Mixes Flawlessly With Epoxy Resin Color Pigments, Mica Powders Like Black Diamond Pigments & Creates A Superb Colored Epoxy For Wood!
- 👍 We Are the Original Manufacturer, and We've Been in this Business for over 60 years! SUPERCLEAR 2.0 IS MADE IN THE USA! ODOR FREE! ZERO VOC’s!
If you’re looking for deep pour epoxy resin, your search could end with this fantastic thick epoxy resin. Liquid glass epoxy resin kit is a specially formulated self-leveling formula ideal for river tables, resin dye, Deep Resin Molds, Alcohol Ink, and Pigment Powder.
This pourable epoxy resin offers very effective UV protection and the best yellowing resistance. That’s why we regard it as the best epoxy resin for table tops, wood, and all your deep pour projects.
It’s also suitable for filling large voids and works excellently with metallic epoxy pigment. It blends effortlessly with mica pigments and mica powders to form a remarkably colored deep pour epoxy resin for wood.
You can use it in your silicone molds, which people will mistake as glass. This low viscosity epoxy resin takes a while (2 days) to cure, so plan on that.
Please do not use it at temperatures below 72 degrees. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait for several days before you can get it out of the mold.
Due to its thinner viscosity, it minimizes bubbles. Thus it’s excellent for filling in small spaces in complicated pieces. Be sure to stir for a few minutes even after the fluid appears clear to avoid ending up with streaks in your cured epoxy surface.
What We Liked Most
- It’s the best epoxy resin for molds
- It’s a low odour formula
- No bubbling
What Could Be Improved
- It’s pricey if you’re on a budget
2. Best For Resin Art – Epoxy-Resin-Crystal-Clear-Art 1 Gallon Kit for Resin Art
- 🎇FAST Curing Resin - 65-80°F room temperature, has a forgiving 40 minute work time, finished casting can be remove after 8 hours.
- 🎇EASY TO USE - 1:1 mix ratio is fool proof, beginner friendly. Rigorous testing was done to ensure that our clear resin is a perfect match for all of glow and other craft pigments.
- 🎇Crystal Clear Non Yellowing - Clear resin is self leveling, self degassing, fully resistant to yellowing unlike others on the market as well as being non-toxic.
- 🎇PERFECT FOR WORK - Use our fast curing liquid resin for all of your casting and coating applications. crystal clear and hard as a rock. Use to coat tables and bars, resin casting supplies, cast figurines and jewelry, make resin paintings and more.
- 🎇SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - 2000+ People like our QBcarrier resin kit.30 Day money back and 2-Year warranty apply to resins. Don’t worry just choose us.
This artist-specific epoxy resin is excellent for coating, casting, and resin arts. Because it is a user-friendly resin, you can begin your project whether you are a novice or a specialist.
It has zero VOCs and no odors, allowing for better and cleaner air while working. Its working time is approximately 40 minutes for a flawless and creative process.
You can apply this crystal clear high gloss coat to any surface because it has a glass-like appearance, is rock-hard, and is very sturdy. It’s simple to use even without experience.
Simply mix one-part resin to one part hardener, and you’ll have forty-five minutes of work time on average temperature to produce your best work! This epoxy resin is suitable for every artist’s project. It dries to a crystal clear finish.
It’s superb for jewelry making, art projects such as resin art, resin jewelry, casting art, acrylic paints, Geode Paintings, Live Edge River Tables, Tumblers, Coasters, Tabletops, epoxy river tables, Bar top, Countertop, Wood Blocks, Cutting Boards, and much more!
It has excellent color stability preserves the vibrant colors of your artwork. The resin has a great chemical resistance, so you can use it for outdoor epoxy projects.
You’ll be a big fan of the pigments! They are incredibly vibrant, and the color combinations are limitless. You may have tried some popular brands before, but this slow-cure epoxy resin has a deeper color. It also does not separate in the bottle.
What We Liked Most About This Thick Epoxy Resin
- Easy to work with
- Works as advertised
- perfect for resin pours, jewelry making, and resin molds
What Could Be Improved
- It has a faint odor
3. Best Resin For Wooden Furniture – TotalBoat ThickSet Deep Pour Epoxy Resin Kit
- Color, Metallic, and Glitter Pigment Compatible for Custom Tinting
- Self-Leveling 2 Part Epoxy Ideal for Casting, Encapsulation, Molding, & More
- Crystal Clear - Cures with Water-like Transparency that looks like Liquid Glass or Plastic
- Eco-Friendly - High BioContent and Low Odor
- Extended Work Time and Can be Machined Using the Same Tools you Already Have for Woodworking
TotalBoat’s deep pour epoxy resin is used on tables, chairs, and other wooden furniture items. You can also use it on concrete tables, bar tops, metal, stone, countertops, and ceramics.
It’s one of the best quality epoxy resins as it is UV resistant, scratches, and other forms of abrasion. Although it works best as a coating resin, you can also use the formula as a casting resin to create resin art, embed objects, and other epoxy projects.
It’s a no-VOC, BPA-free formula that cures to a smooth, glossy finish that’s completely waterproof; hence ideal for safeguarding sensitive wooden surfaces.
So, you do not have to worry about the safety of your pets or kids when using this pourable epoxy resin since it’s food-safe. However, make sure to wear appropriate gloves and have proper ventilation.
Full curing time is generally three days, but you can apply a second coat four to eight hours after the first thick pour. It’s one of the incredible solutions for river tables and tabletop.
This epoxy resin cures beautifully and is simple to remove air bubbles using a heat gun once leveled. It blends well and has a long working time.
What We Liked Most
- Food-safe and BPA-free
- odorless and VOC-free
- After fully curing, it is 100% waterproof on concrete, wood, metal, stone, and ceramic
What Could Be Improved
It has bubble releasing attributes
For the desired results, you must apply it at a stipulated temperature
4. Cheapest Deep Pour Epoxy – 16oz Crystal Clear Epoxy Resin Kit Casting
- Super Easy to Mix and Apply - 8oz Crystal Clear Epoxy Resin+ 8oz Crystal Clear Epoxy hardener, mix 1:1 ratio easily and smoothly, cures crystal clear and set hard as a rock, Perfectly formulated to be mixed with the color of your choice for VIVID, stunning results
- High Gloss Durable Finish - Self leveling, and self degassing, let you create a perfectly transparent finish; Water-like quality is very fewer bubbles compared to others, naturally de-foaming with no ripples for a solid glass-like project
- Safe for Confident Use - Specifically formulated for artists with low odor, non-toxic and low fumes, resistant to yellowing from UV exposure, keeps your beautiful artwork and color stable and long lasting
- Your Affordable Choice - Ideal for all Casting, Coating and Art Projects including Cutting Boards, Coasters, Countertops, Bartop, Resin Art, Resin Jewelry, Coating Artwork and Acrylic Pour Paintings, Geode Paintings, Molds, River Tables
- Why Choose Us - We provide Not only high qualified products for you, but 24-hour in time after-sale services reply, please feel free to contact us if any doubts during using, we will ensure you a 100% satisfactory result
If you are an artist looking for a coating epoxy resin, your search could end with this resin for thick pours specially formulated for artists. It’s a low odor formula, is non-poisonous, and emits low fumes.
This pourable epoxy resin is highly resistant to yellowing due to UV exposure. So, it keeps your incredible artwork gorgeous and durable for years. The epoxy resin is best for countertops, resin art, silicone molds, acrylic painting, coasters, etc.
It’s effortless to use this deep pour epoxy resin. Just mix the hardener and the resin in a 1:1 ratio. It cures crystal clear and sets rock solid. The resin is suitably formulated to be blended with your favorite color for vibrant, fantastic results.
This cheap deep pour epoxy has a thinner viscosity and few bubble releasing attributes than most epoxy resins. It’s easy to use, even for beginners, since the instructions are clear and straightforward. It cures quickly and won’t yellow.
This epoxy resin’s material is food-safe, making it ideal for trays, glassware, and tumblers used in the kitchen. It’s appropriate for casting jewelry, figurines, rings, earring, and pendants.
It’s also handy for making beautiful gifts for people who will turn out to be so lovely.
What We Liked Most
- It contains UV inhibitors to help prevent yellowing
- It’s versatile, simple to mix and apply
- Highly affordable
- It’s crystal clear and VOC-free, with no unpleasant odors or dangerous reactions
- Low odor formula and food-safe
What Could Be Improved
- It takes a day or more to fully cure
5. Best Bubbles Epoxy Resin – Upstart Epoxy 2″ Deep Pour Epoxy Resin Kit DIY
- 2” DEEP POUR: Pour up to 2” thick at any given time because our resin has a very low chemical heat reaction during the curing process. Enjoy a longer working time to make the perfect swirls and design patterns.
- RESISTS SCRATCHES, STAINS & YELLOWING: Our high-grade prepolymer additives ensure long lasting and durable protection. Formulated to allow you to cure at room temperature for a 100% waterproof finish.
- EASY 2:1 MIXING RATIO: Self-leveling resin system is easy to pour! Easy to tint with mica powder, alcohol ink, and liquid pigments. Mix and match colors for multiple accents to create the perfect DIY project.
- BUBBLE RELEASING FORMULA: Made in the USA & engineered with a thinner viscosity, this attribute assists in giving the finished product a practically bubble-less finish, with exceptional depth and clarity.
- GREAT FOR DIY & PROFESSIONALS: Works great on wood, metal, stone, ceramic, concrete tables, bar tops, countertops as well as resin art, embedding objects, decoupage, casting & other crafting projects.
Your search for casting epoxy resin appropriate for Wood, Ceramic, Stone, Concrete, and Metal ends with this epoxy resin for deep pours.
This pour on epoxy has a simple 2:1 mixing ratio. So, anyone can mix it without encountering problems. It’s simple to tint with liquid pigments, mica powder, and alcohol ink.
So, you can blend and match different accents to do a unique DIY project. The resin is a bubble releasing formula formulated with a thinner viscosity to give your cured epoxy surface a bubble-less finish with outstanding clarity and depth.
Professionals and DIYers prefer it for their deep pour projects due to its ease of use and quality. This pour on epoxy is great on resin art, embedding objects, decoupage, casting, and other crafts.
You can also use it on river tables and live edge tables, and you’ll be satisfied with the results. The product works as described. It’s super simple to make, it’s crystal clear, and it is odorless.
It has a thin consistency, so consider this when building your forms. It’s thin enough to mix easily, produces few to no air bubbles, and is crystal clear when finished. It takes a little longer to cure than most epoxy resins, but it’s well worth the wait!
What We Liked Most
- Easy to use
- It’s bubble-less
- Easy to mix
What Could Be Improved
- It’s a little bit thin
6. Best Beginner Friendly Deep Pour Epoxy – Pourable Plastic Deep Pour USA Manufactured
- 📏DEEP POUR 2" THICK: For River Tables, Live Edges, Casting & Embedding Applications. Incredible Solutions' Custom formulated Epoxy dries rock solid, is consistent and never leaves you disappointed…Also, Newbie and Pro friendly. Our custom Epoxy formulation allows for minimal bubbles, goes on smooth, helps eliminate fish eyes, craters and various other imperfections. We only offer what we use, so you’ll love this!
- 🌎 USA FACTORY- We proudly manufacture here so you can rest assured our Epoxy when used and cured correctly it is safe with a Low odor. It Mixes Well with Mica Pigment Powders & Cures Crystal Clear allowing your added colors to shimmer and shine in clarity.
- 👑 PREMIUM EPOXY: Low Exotherm & Low Viscosity, Long Working Times, Minimal Shrinkage and ZERO VOC’s and even food safe when properly cured!
- 🍷 2:1 MIXTURE 3 Gallon (2 Gallon) Resin + (1 Gallon) Curing Agent = 3 Gallon KIT. It dries rock Hard and is very Versatile. We ONLY Produce a Tough, Water Resistant Coating plus with any questions we have a very knowledgeable Technical Support team, ready to help!
- 📞 THE LONG HAUL - We know there a lot of companies out there but just give our epoxy a try, with our team of experts we are here for you. Let us earn your business. If you’re stuck, we are right here to help coach you along. Are you a first timer or a professional? We have helped with bar tops, tabletops, river tables, jewelry, coffee tables, countertops, serving trays, too many things to list, we can help you get it done!
This pourable resin is made in the United States, which is worth mentioning. UV stabilizers keep the casting resin from turning yellow after prolonged exposure to the sun.
You can use this epoxy for semi-outdoor applications like shaded patio tables and bars. Pourable Plastic is a product with a low exothermic heat buildup.
Furthermore, it has no discernible odor. It also doesn’t contain any volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Whether you are a beginner or an expert, it’s simple to work with.
It’s a low-cure epoxy resin, so you can easily pop any bubbles before your mold sets. It is a superb pour epoxy resin ideal for encapsulation tasks.
Since it’s a thick pour epoxy resin, it takes a long time to cure. Cure times can range from 36 to 48 hours based on temperature. Also, the project you’re working on will determine the time it takes to cure fully.
This Pourable Plastic from Incredible Solutions is an excellent casting resin for beginners. The most beautiful fact is that users have complete control over their results thanks to the slow curing time and deep pouring capabilities.
You can use it for river tables, encapsulation tabletops, and jewelry making.
What We Liked Most
- It’s beginner-friendly
- Works as described
- It’s one of the most affordable pourable resins for maximum casting thickness
- Easy to use
What Could Be Improved
- Failure to follow instructions leads to bubble problems
7. Best Clear Casting Resin – Epoxy Resin Art Resin Crystal Clear Formula
- 💎 NAKED FUSION-The ARTIST’S RESIN – Art Resin Epoxy Kit is specially formulated for ARTISTS! CRYSTAL CLEAR & NON-TOXIC- It’s NAKED – ZERO VOCS and odor free for better air quality while you work - breathe easy while working with Naked Fusion.
- 💎 THE ARTIST’S RESIN is fantastic for producing VIVID and LUMINESCENT COLORS when mixed with MICA PIGMENTS and pastes. It also works fabulous with alcohol inks and it creates beautiful cells! This resin makes stunning effects that you will fall in love with!
- 💎 It’s UV RESISTANT, SELF LEVELING and cures ROCK SOLID with a HIGH GLOSS mirror shine. Add a beautiful GLASS like coating to any surface. Enjoy the LONGER 45 minute working time that gives more time for the creative process. It is BPA FREE and FOOD SAFE for use on counter tops, cutting boards and other items in the kitchen.
- 💎 EXCELLENT for all Casting, Coating and Art Projects including Resin Art, Resin Jewelry, Coating Artwork/Acrylic Pour Paintings, Geode Paintings, Silicone Molds, Flowers, Coasters, Tabletops, Bartop, Countertop, Live Edge River Tables, Tumblers, Wood Blocks, Cutting Boards and more! It has fantastic color stability to preserve the rich colors of your artwork.
- 💎 MADE IN THE USA. Our resin chemists have been innovating resin formulas for over 40 YEARS. Naked Fusion stands behind our Premium Quality Resin. We are committed to our customer’s satisfaction. If you are not fully satisfied with our resin kit, reach out us! We are here to assist with any issues. The Trusted Brand for beginners and professionals! Take crafting to a new level with Naked Fusion!
If you want to buy epoxy resin that’s UV resistant with a glossy finish, buying this thick pour epoxy could be a good idea. It cures rock solid, and you can use it to add a superb glass-like coating to most surfaces.
Take advantage of the longer forty-five working time, allowing more time for the creative process. This epoxy resin is BPA-free and food-safe on kitchen counters, cutting boards, and other pieces. It resists stress cracking like no other thick pour epoxy on the market.
Fantastic for all art casting such as Resin Art, Resin Jewelry, Acrylic Pour Paintings, Geode Paintings, silicone Molds, Coasters, Tabletops, Bartop, Countertop, Live Edge River Tables, Tumblers, Wood Blocks, Cutting Boards, and much more!
It has excellent color stability, preserving the vibrant colors of your art. It’s one of the best deep pour epoxy resins that are non-toxic and odor-free for excellent air quality while working on your masterpiece.
If you’re doing larger mixes, put Part A in a tub of warm water to loosen it up, or you’ll give yourself an extreme workout. Apart from that, it’ll be an absolute pleasure to work with this pour on epoxy.
The extended work time ensures that your castings are bubble-free. It accepts alcohol inks gracefully and produces amazing vibrant effects! Be sure to follow the directions. In short, mix by volume and not by weight.
What We Liked Most
- It’s odor-free
- Very user-friendly
- Simple to use
What Could Be Improved
- It’s not ideal for something crystal clear
Best Epoxy Resin for Thick Pours Comparison Table
Education: How to Choose the Best Deep Pour Epoxy Resin
Epoxy resins are used for different purposes. When buying epoxy resins, it’s critical to understand the material and compatibility of your epoxy project.
When buying epoxy resin, consider mix ratio, viscosity, hardness, and curing time to help you pick the best epoxy resin for wood.
Here are details of other factors to consider when buying the best epoxy resin.
Even skilled craftspeople can experience bubbling from time to time. These obnoxious air pockets can wreck the appearance of your cured epoxy surface.
Select a formula that enables bubbles to float to the surface. Be keen to work only in a temperature and humidity-controlled environment.
If everything else fails, make use of a heat gun or torch to remove bubbles from the surface of your cured epoxy resin coating.
If you pick the best quality epoxy resin, you won’t struggle with bubbles that much. To avoid frustrations by the bubbles, use a slow cure epoxy resin. Slow cure epoxy resins allow bubbles to escape because they take longer to cure.
You want your deep pour resin to last for long before showing any signs of deterioration. The key specifications you should consider when buying epoxy resin to ensure durability are:
3. Scratching $ Abrasion
Hard-wearing surfaces should be able to withstand the majority of abrasions. Although we would never recommend using an epoxy resin-coated surface as a cutting board, we searched for pourable resins that can work with items without leaving visible incisions.
4. UV Damage
Unfortunately, the majority of epoxy resins are incredibly vulnerable to UV damage. Non-yellowing formulas are ideal for a long-lasting outdoor table coating.
In addition to your preferred finish, consider purchasing a UV-resistant topcoat. Even UV-blocking epoxy resins are prone to damage after continuous exposure to UV rays.
Coating epoxy resin is a conventional finish used on outdoor wooden surfaces, bars, and tabletops. These surfaces are exposed to water and humidity damage.
An utterly waterproof coating helps to keep them free of ugly watermarks and prolongs their lifespan.
6. Mixing Ratio
Epoxy resin is composed of two components: a resin and a hardener. When the resin and hardeners are mixed, they undergo a chemical reaction that converts them from a liquid to a solid.
Measuring accurately is critical to ensuring that your epoxy resin for thick cures properly. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions to get professional results.
Know that high viscosity epoxy resin is more likely to produce bubbles than low viscosity epoxy resin. Although your specific project will determine this, if you have the option of viscosity, choose a low viscosity epoxy resin.
7. Food Safe and Application Method
Most epoxy resins are used on surfaces that indirectly contact food. If you want to coat a tabletop, ensure your resin meets all FDA requirements. Check to see if the formula is non-toxic and free of harmful VOCs.
Even so, non-toxic formulations should only be used in well-ventilated areas. A safety mask, glasses, and gloves may be necessary.
The use of self-leveling epoxy makes your job such a breeze. You can use this epoxy type for filling voids, sealing cracks, inlays, and deformations on the wood surface.
You won’t worry about streaks or other surface flaws because there’s no requirement for a paintbrush or roller.
Cleaning self-leveling epoxy with soap and water is all you need unless compliance regulations mandates buffing and polishing.
Since the surface is one seamless sheet, it inhibits microbial life such as mold and mildew by providing them with no place to live. An epoxy containing powerful antibacterial agents is a superb option if you require a cleanroom setup.
9. Working and Curing Times
Cure time specifies how long you should wait before removing clamps, sanding, or proceeding to the next step in your epoxy project.
The available time and general cure time of each epoxy mixture are determined by two factors: hardener cure speed and epoxy temperature.
Each hardener has a unique temperature cure range ideal for it. Each resin/hardener combination passes through similar cure stages, but at different rates, at any temperature just above minimum-use temperature.
Choose a hardener that will give you enough working time for your project at the temperature and conditions you’ll be working in.
Extended curing times mean more time to work on your project, allow bubbles to escape, and won’t ruin your project. Quick curing time means you have to work fast.
Tips for Using Epoxy Resin
Have a work plan. Before you begin, consider the whole procedure.
- Ensure that your substrate is ready. Only start blending your epoxy resin after keenly reading the instructions and having all of the necessary tools in front of you.
- If you are trying a new mix, prepare a few sample mixes to determine the curing time. This also helps you understand the properties of the compound. After thoroughly mixing your product, you can apply it to your substrate.
- Sand the surface with 150 grit sandpaper on high gloss areas for maximum adhesion. After all, you do not want any dust or other particles in your cured epoxy surface.
- Use a new brush and clean it with the sticky side of your side before you mix the epoxy. This helps to loose fibers that could ruin your final product’s appearance. Use a chip brush, bristle brush, or a nap roller for pro results.
- Store Your epoxy in a room temperature place. That’s so because Heat speeds up the curing process, while cold temperatures can interfere with epoxy adhesion.
- For epoxies with a quick cure time, allow the epoxy resin to sit for a few minutes before pouring it. Keep in mind that high temperatures can shorten curing times. If the warm temperature is a challenge, place ice packs in a zip-lock bag to cool the bucket or the bottle you’re mixing in. You can also use a slow-down procedure by adding paint thinner, which will extend pot life.
Why is Epoxy Resin the best for thick pours?
Epoxy resin is ideal for thick pours due to the following reasons.
- It has a simple 1: 1 mix ratio by volume, so anyone can mix and use it hassle-free.
- It’s self-leveling. So, you do not need to buy expensive brushes or rollers.
- It’s odor-free. It won’t produce any upsetting smell when using it.
- It’s simple to clean with water and is UV resistant as it contains potent UV inhibitors. This saves your project from fading.
- The instructions are clear and straightforward, and it’s simple to follow them.
- Resin for thick pours complies with stipulated FDA regulations to ensure your safety.
- Resins for thick pours are compatible with concentrated liquid pigments, resins dyes, mica powder pigments, and acrylic paints.
- It has an excellent working time of forty-five minutes, so you have time to exercise your creativity muscle.
- It also has a sufficient cure time of two to three days, so you do not have to wait for an eternity to complete your project.
How thick can you pour Epoxy Resin?
When using epoxy resins, knowing when the two parts of resin (Part A) and hardener (Part B) are combined is critical. A chemical reaction occurs that generates heat during the curing process. As a result, regardless of the epoxy you use, it is crucial to control the temperature and keenly follow the instructions on the label.
If your epoxy pour is very thick, the reaction can generate too much heat, culminating in a product with unsightly cracks or excessive bubbles that won’t cure properly. If you can leave a thumbprint with your fingernail in your epoxy, you can pour again, and the epoxy will chemically bond to the preceding layer.
When it comes to epoxy resin maximum thickness, you can go as thick as you want so long as you pour in 1/8″ layers. We highly recommend this thickness for two reasons: first, it enables the bubbles to escape ideally, and second, it prevents the resin from overheating.
Pour in a 1/8″ layer for optimal results. Remember that the 72-hour cure time is for resin art, so it’ll take longer to fully cure if you pour it a bit thick.
What epoxy is best for deep pours?
Casting epoxy resin is the best resin for thick pours. Because it will be thicker, only one or two pours will suffice. So you may not need to use multiple layers to be happy with the results. It is heat resistant. As a result, there will be no issues while curing it. It is also clear and lovely. It’s simple to use and doesn’t change its structure once you’ve created something with it.
What is the best resin for deep casting?
Epoxy resin is the best resin for deep casting. The resin can be poured in thick layers (up to two inches based on the formula), and it cures hard and is very stable. Epoxy cures crystal clear but you can tint it with resin dyes to create the color of your dreams.
Is epoxy resin safe to use indoors?
Although epoxy resin products are safe, fumes can be inhaled while mixing epoxy resin and prepping it for application, causing inflammation and irritation in the nose and throat. Play safe and use epoxy resin outside or in well-ventilated areas while wearing gloves, safety glasses, and masks.
What is an epoxy resin used for?
One of the most common applications for epoxy resin is as an adhesive. This is due to the epoxy’s solid properties, which allow for systemic and engineering adhesives. Epoxy resin is usually used in the vehicle construction and manufacture of snowboards, aircraft, and bicycles.
Deep Pour Resin Summary
Casting resins are also known as epoxy resins and are used for thick pours. They are pretty thick, providing a thickness of about two inches each time.
Epoxy resins are helpful in the manufacturing sector as they are used to create various products. Also, they are less expensive and simpler to use.
Our top pick is Deep Pour Epoxy Resin Kit Crystal Clear Liquid Glass. It’s simple to use and offers adequate UV protection. It works excellently with liquid pigments and creates a beautiful colored epoxy for many deep pour projects.
Next read, find out, can you pour epoxy over cured epoxy?